We are committed to being
Green at the Concord Suites!
You can enjoy your vacation AND reduce your environmental impact by staying at the Concord Suites.
Our Rooftop Solar Array
A Solar Celebration was held in June 2012 unveiling our $500,000 Rooftop Solar Array and additional “green” initiatives that will reduce operating expenses, keeping costs down for patrons and making the resort more environmentally sound and efficient.
The 434 rooftop panels, which provide 60% of the Concord Suites overall energy usage, will also reduce the carbon emissions that impact the Concord’s surrounding environment by more than 60 tons annually. The result is a greener, cleaner resort that benefits the Concord’s guests, employees and the environment.
A Green Hotels Project
Concord Suites is pleased to have been accepted into the Garden State Green Hotels Project in partnership with the US Environmental Protection Agency, NJ Department of Environmental Protection, NJ Board of Public Utilities, US Green Building Council – NJ Chapter
The Project will help us to reduce energy usage, Upgrade to more energy efficient equipment, obtain training for employees on waste reduction and water conservation and Discover alternatives to harsh chemicals to protect our guests & employees
How you can go Green
for your Vacation
- Choose the Concord Suites for your vacation - a Green Hotel.
- Turn off the AC/heat, lights and television when you leave the room.
- Let housekeeping know that you would like to participate in the linen and towel reuse program.
- Use our 2 Hydration Stations and refillable water bottles.
- Open the drapes during the cooler months to let the sun naturally heat the room, and close the drapes in the summer to keep the room cool.
- Take only maps or brochures necessary for your trip.
- Look for recycling bins in your suite and throughout the hotel and dispose of items appropriately.
Additional Green Initiatives
- Participating with the AH&LA (American Hotel & Lodging Association) Green Task Force to implement a series of comprehensive, sustainable greening guidelines designed expressly to create an environmental-friendly and sustainable hotel. This program will assist us in meeting the standards and goals set by the Garden State Green Hotels Project review.
- Partners with Clean the World
- Now using 70% tree free tissues, toilet tissue and paper towels throughout the faciity.
- Now using ERP (Environmentally Friendly Products) amenities packaged in biodegradable materials.
- Implemented a towel and linen reuse program.
- Removed water bottle machines from property and installed two Brita Hydration Stations for refillable water bottles.
- Set new standards for office supply paper with 100% recycled copy paper.
- Implemented a prominent recycling program in all suites and common areas.
- Upgraded to energy efficient “Energy Star” air conditioners and heaters.
- Installed digital programmable thermostats with lock out parameters.
Concord Suites is…
- A proud recipient of the Cape May County Chamber of Commerce Conservation Award